The day and life of a student teacher

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Spring is in the air

I forgot to mention that before I left on vacation my kids convinced me to teach class outside for a day. We were just reading the book, so it was simple. It was a beautiful day out and I did not blam my kids for wanting to be outside in the spring. I was substituting for my CT, or else I would have never done it. One girl suggested it and then the rest of the class ganged up on me. They were well-behaved. I read the chapters to them instead of us listening to it on tape. It made me really glad that I did not have to read to the kids every day, my throat would be so hoarse! One boy asked me to read in a Southern accent and I couldn't, so I suggested he read instead. He made it about two pages with his little girl Southern accent before he gave up and let me finish reading. The novelty of being outside really inticed the kids. I think I will teach outside often! I remember the few times when my high school teachers took us outside as a special treat. Good idea, class!

No comments:

Post a Comment